Real Estate Transactions
Rukab Brash represents landowners, joint venture partners, and entrepreneurs in developing the full-cycle of real estate projects, from obtaining financing to the issuance of building permits and overall development process including obtaining final certificates of occupancy. Aspects of our representation encompass:
- issues relating to neighboring properties including securing access by the negotiation and execution of license agreement or by court application under the RPAPL § 881 statute
- issues relating to neighboring properties including securing access by the negotiation and execution of license agreement or by court application under the Real Property Actions and Proceedings Law § 881.
- Rukab Brash offers a comprehensive suite of resources and solutions for adjacent property access agreements. Learn More.
- due diligence investigations
- site plan approval
- rezoning applications
- condominium offering plans
- special permits
- designations and alterations of landmarked buildings
- public and private financing
- land use appraisals
- construction financing
- air rights and utilities transactions
In addition, our attorneys have significant experience representing buyers and sellers in connection with the sale of residential and commercial properties as well as navigating New York State’s tax abatement programs, Federal 1031 exchanges, and a broad array of litigation matters from landlord/tenant, environmental, zoning, and other complex land uses issues.
The world of construction is rapidly changing, causing construction transactions and disputes to become more complex and challenging than ever before. By clearly understanding our clients’ business objectives and concerns at the outset, we work with them to define practical project development strategies, negotiate agreements on the best possible terms, help mitigate the chance of litigation, and develop creative resolutions to complex disputes.
Our range of services for our construction clients include:
- Mechanic’s Liens
- Insurance Risk Analysis
- GC/CM Contract Formation and Dispute Resolution
- Conflicting and ambiguous specifications
- Wrongful termination
- Termination for convenience
- Change orders, extra work, and credits
- Delay claims
- Bonding and surety bond claims
- Contractor responsiveness and responsibility issues
- Scope of work issues
- Time extensions
- Defective construction claims
Corporate Business Transactions
Rukab Brash provides legal counsel for our clients’ businesses and transactions. We assist our clients in deciding the most appropriate business structures during the formation and transactional process. We help our clients form limited liability companies, partnerships, corporations, joint ventures and other vehicles best suited for each client and matter. As our client’s businesses evolve, we’re able to help prepare and negotiate shareholder operating, asset purchase, confidentiality, employment and other agreements and documents necessary for the efficient management and operation of those business vehicles.
Owner’s Representation & Project Management Services
Rukab Brash PLLC’s partners have also founded 3PM, LLC. 3PM stands for Parallel Path Project Management, the firm’s guiding ethos towards efficient project management. 3PM offers its clients in depth project management from scheduling, budgets, risk management, and daily construction supervision. Whether it’s new construction, gut renovation, close-outs, or forensic investigations, our team provides a comprehensive and sophisticated understanding of the design and construction process and knows how to navigate that process to give project control to the owner.